Friday, March 29, 2019

Book review - The Legends of the First Empire

Riyria Revelations is one of the best fantasy series I've read. It started (relatively) slowly and by middle of the series, I was totally immersed and couldn't stop reading. I hope there are sequels planned ;)

I then kept books set in Elan aside to read other books before starting Riyria Chronicles. While I liked them, I felt these weren't as good as Revelations. So, when Legends series came up, I had planned to wait for entire series to finish - for binge reading, as well as allowing more time to pass.
 
Picture credit: goodreads
 
This past week, I finally gave up and started the series (without knowing that the three books released so far can be read as a trilogy, something like two arcs of Stormlight Archive I guess). It was a pleasant surprise that it was so fast paced, right from the start. I ended up finishing the books in about 6 days. I would place this series among top classical fantasy series like LoTR, WoT and MST. Apart from the racing plot, the highlight of the series were its characters - POV as well as side characters.
 
I would highly recommend the series (can be started without reading the Riyria books) - keep tissue papers handy.



 
 

No comments: